LaurenBDavis

LAUREN B. DAVIS

The Writers' Blog Tour -- Ques. #4 -- How Does My Writing Process Work?

I explained in an earlier post what the Writers’ Blog Tour is about.  Basically, writers answer the same four questions:

Why do I write what I do?

What am I working on?

How does my work differ from other work in its genre?

How does my writing process work?

You can click on the links to see my answers to previous questions.  Today I’ll (try to) answer the final question:

The Writing Process

The Writing Process

How Does My Writing Process Work?

The only reasonable response to that seems to be, “I have no idea.”  However, although it may feel that way sometimes, that’s not a very helpful response.

So, I’ll try and be more helpful, although I should preface this by saying every writer must find his/her own way to the page.  What works for me may not  work for you. What I write is specific to me, is born of out my life experience, my sub-conscious, my obsessions and longings.  My writing process is similarly personal.

On one level it’s mysterious and magical and full of grace, on the other it’s about getting my butt in the chair and my fingers on the keyboard and my thoughts on the page.

I do all sorts of things to get in the mood, as it were.

If you'd like to read more, please click here.  Thank you.

Source: http://laurenbdavis.com/2014/08/writers-blog-tour-how-does-my-writing-process-work-question-4