LaurenBDavis

LAUREN B. DAVIS

Writers' Blog Tour!

Have you heard of the Writers’ Blog Tour? (Goggle it, and you’ll see all the various writers on the Tour.)

Each writer tagged to join the Tour posts answers to the same four questions on their blog. They might post answers all at once, or one at a time, whatever suits. They also provide links to Authors on the Writers’ Blog Tour.

I was invited to join the tour by the wonderful historical fiction writer, Sandra Gulland. Her books includ the fantastic The Shadow Queen, Mistress of the Sun and the Josephine B Trilogy!

Sandra’s answers to the questions on the Writers’ Blog Tour are both inspiring and practical.  She says, “why do I write what I do? Because there are fascinating stories to explore, and there is nothing more otherworldly than the past.”  You can read her contributions by clicking here.

In turn, I’ve invited Catherine Bush (Accusation, Rules of Engagement, Claire’s Head) and Susan Swan (The Western Light, What Casanova Taught Me, The Wives of Bath, among others) to join the tour. I’m looking forward to reading how these two writers answer the questions.

Catherine and Susan will each invite two writers to join the Tour … who will then in turn invite two writers.  And so on, and so on. All the writers will—if possible—post to Facebook and Tweet. (The Twitter hash tag is #writersblogtour.)

The four questions are intriguing:

Why do I write what I do?

What am I working on?

How does my work differ from other work in its genre?

How does my writing process work?

I’m going begin with the first, the second will follow in a few days:

Why do I write what I do?

I write both short stories and novels and, in the case of the novels, two are historical – The Stubborn Season is set in the 1930s and Against a Darkening Sky is set in the 7th century – The Radiant City and Our Daily Bread are contemporary novels, and The Empty Room is also contemporary, but more autobiographically based.  Some say Against a Darkening Sky is a historical fantasy.

Genres aside, however, I write in general because ...

If you want to read the rest, please click here!  Thanks.