LaurenBDavis

LAUREN B. DAVIS

Our Daily Bread

Our Daily Bread - Lauren B. Davis Well, I can't very well give my own book a rave review, but if I don't say something nice the novel will keep kicking me under the table, so allow me to tell you it was named one of the "Best Books of the Year" by both The Boston Globe and The Globe & Mail. May I also quote the starred review in The Quill & Quire:" . . a powerful, harrowing, and deeply unsettling work. It’s the sort of novel that keeps you reading even as your skin crawls and your blood pressure mounts. . . Our Daily Bread proceeds like a noose gradually tightening . . . a stark, beautiful, sad and frankly terrifying novel . Our Daily Bread is finely crafted, with careful attention to characterization, style, and pacing. It succeeds on every level. . .”--(Starred Review) Robert J. Wiersema, The Quill & Quire (September 2011 issue)