LaurenBDavis

LAUREN B. DAVIS

The French Country Table

French Country Table: Simple Recipes for Bistro Classics - Laura Washburn I lived in France for many years, and miss this sort of food -- simple, hearty, delicious! The recipe for "tartiflette" is worth the price of the book. This wonderful dish (which I remember from living five years in Haute Savoie) is so luscious, so sensually yummy I defy anyone not to go back for seconds. The recipes are easy to follow and uncomplicated, and the photos are inspiring. It's also quite lovely to make the dishes and have them look just as good on the table as they do on the page. I should also note that although the amount of butter, cream and so forth may seem overwhelming for North American diet-conscious consumers, the food here is so satisfying you won't overeat. I'm eating my way through the whole book and haven't gained an ounce.