LaurenBDavis

LAUREN B. DAVIS

Troll's Eye View: A Book of Villainous Tales

Troll's Eye View: A Book of Villainous Tales - Garth Nix, Michael Cadnum, Nancy Farmer, Jane Yolen, Ellen Datlow, Catherynne M. Valente, Ellen Kushner, Nina Kiriki Hoffman, Kelly Link, Terri Windling, Midori Snyder, Wendy Froud, Joseph Stanton, Neil Gaiman, Delia Sherman, Peter S. Beagle, Holly Black What a wonderful read. The villains, the evil-doers, the baddies get their moment in the spotlight. This collection from some of the world's renown fantasy writers is endlessly inventive and entertaining, and I dare say it will change the way you think about those nasty characters. A new take on such famous folks as the witch from Hansel & Gretel, Bluebeard (I quite liked him in the end), Mrs. Giant from Jack and. . . and a number of others. The tales are well written -- some are downright creepy and others thought-provoking. Certainly not just for the kids. Enjoy!