LaurenBDavis

LAUREN B. DAVIS

Amazing Gracie: A Dog's Tale

Amazing Gracie: A Dog's Tale - 'Mark Beckloff',  'Dan Dye' I give this book four stars for the witty, heart-felt sections which dealt directly with Gracie. I would have liked to give it 3.5 stars, truthfully. I'm afraid the sections dealing with the author's business -- a bakery for dogs -- read more like an infomercial than a story, and much of it I skipped. Having said that, where Dye did write about his relationship with Gracie, a deaf albino Great Dane who came into his life as a much-neglected puppy, I was utterly enthralled. He had me laughing out loud and yes, at the end I was moved to tears. This is a worthwhile book for anyone who loves dogs and understands the bond between dog and human, but don't feel bad if you want to ignore about a third of the book having to do with the business of selling dog biscuits.