LaurenBDavis

LAUREN B. DAVIS

Wonderfully written, thought provoking

The Lathe of Heaven - Ursula K. Le Guin

I love everything Le Guin writes and this was no exception.

From the back of the book:

"A classic science fiction novel by one of the greatest writers of the genre, set in a future world where one man’s dreams control the fate of humanity.

In a future world racked by violence and environmental catastrophes, George Orr wakes up one day to discover that his dreams have the ability to alter reality. He seeks help from Dr. William Haber, a psychiatrist who immediately grasps the power George wields. Soon George must preserve reality itself as Dr. Haber becomes adept at manipulating George’s dreams for his own purposes.

The Lathe of Heaven is an eerily prescient novel from award-winning author Ursula K. Le Guin that masterfully addresses the dangers of power and humanity’s self-destructiveness, questioning the nature of reality itself. It is a classic of the science fiction genre."

Le Guin writes terrific prose and wrestles with the big philosophical questions of existence and morality, what more could you ask for. High recommended.